The 1st Workshop on Mobile Augmented and Virtual Reality systems for Immersive eXperiences (MAVRIX ‘19), collocated with MobiCom 2019, solicits paper submissions on topics related to delivering experiences of mixed reality, augmented reality, and/or virtual reality on untethered mobile systems (e.g., smartphones, tablets, or standalone headsets).
We especially solicit papers that either:
(i) summarize research challenges, (ii) survey existing solutions, and/or (iii) propose visionary solutions to ongoing issues in AR/VR on mobile devices.
Submissions must be original, unpublished work, and not under consideration at another conference or journal. Submitted papers must be at most six (6) pages long, including all figures, tables, references, and appendices in two-column 10pt ACM format. Papers must include authors names and affiliations for single-blind peer reviewing by the PC. Authors of accepted papers are expected to present their papers at the workshop.
Submission link: mavrix19.hotcrp.com
Topics may include (but are not limited to):
- Immersive media streaming to mobile devices
- Efficient visual sensing for augmentation
- Rendering for mobile graphics
- Networking/Distributed computing
- Software engineering/toolkit usage
- Mobile AR/VR in curriculum
- Paper submission deadline: June 30th, 2019
- Paper acceptance notification: July 30th, 2019
- Camera ready due: August 12, 2019